Accident and Injury Attorney in FloridaCar accidents can be life-altering. When a person suffers an injury in a car crash, it can set them on a long road filled with painful medical treatments, missed job opportunities, and financial disruption. But it doesn’t have to be this way. According to Florida law, you have a right to compensation if you were injured in a car accident caused by someone else. The law protects your right to pursue the responsible person and hold them accountable for what you have suffered. At the Law Office of Michael D. Barber, we fully understand the life-changing consequences of a car accident. We know what is at stake and this is why our Florida accident and injury attorney fights tooth and nail on behalf of our clients to recover the compensation they deserve. While monetary compensation cannot undo the damage done to you, it can help you obtain important financial help that allows you to move on from the accident. If you or a loved one was injured or suffered property damage in a Florida car accident, contact Attorney Michael Barber today. Our services include a free case review to help you understand your rights after the accident and how to proceed with recovering compensation.
The law on car accidents in Florida
Florida law expressly protects the rights of victims in car crashes to pursue compensation. The recognition is that drivers owe a duty to other road users to drive safely and ensure they don’t pose a threat of injury or property damage to others. As a result, anyone that fails to pay attention to the road laws or is reckless with using their vehicle can be held responsible.
Sadly, many people fail to heed the road laws and as a result, thousands of car crashes happen every day leading to life-threatening injuries. Some of the causes of these car accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Many accidents occur simply because the driver was not paying attention to the road. Some drivers make calls, send texts, carry on animated conversation and do many other things that take their attention off the road. This impacts their reaction time and makes accidents almost inevitable.
- Drunk driving: Drunk driving is one of the most common causes of car accidents in Florida. When a driver is intoxicated, they can cause serious accidents due to their inability to properly control the vehicle. If you were injured in an accident with a drunk driver, you can trust that our attorneys will hold the responsible party accountable to the full extent of the law.
- Reckless driving: Some other drivers simply disregard the safety of other road users by taking corners too fast, tailgating or trying to overtake on busy streets. Florida law is very strict when it comes to reckless driving and the consequences can include criminal action, apart from your right to sue for damages.
- Speeding: Similar to reckless driving, speeding is a common occurrence on Florida roads. Despite clear signs and rules to the contrary, many drivers insist on driving at breakneck speeds where they are not allowed, leading to accidents that could have been avoided.
- Defective auto parts: Sometimes, car accidents may happen in circumstances that are not the fault of a driver but caused by defective parts instead. Incidents of brake failure, faulty airbags and other defects can turn a minor road event into a serious accident. If you were injured in a car accident that was caused due to the defective auto parts, we can help you pursue compensation against the responsible manufacturer, retailer or mechanic.
- Road hazards: Everyone knows the havoc that harsh weather can cause on Florida roadways. Sometimes, this can lead to slippery roads, weakened concrete supports, flooding and other hazards. If the municipal or state agency charged with maintaining the road fails to take action quickly and you are injured in an accident, your right to compensation is protected.
Securing the services of a skilled accident and injury attorney in Florida will be critical to securing the compensation you deserve.
Why you should contact an attorney immediately
Car accidents can involve complex rules and procedures that will kick into effect from the moment the car accident occurs. As a result, these cases tend to move very quickly and plaintiffs without the proper assistance can start to feel like they are in over their heads.
In addition, plaintiffs in these cases will likely be going up against powerful insurance companies with decades of experience. These insurance companies are more interested in protecting their bottom line than compensating you for your accident, and they will be delighted to see that you don’t have an attorney.
They typically try to pay much less than a claim is worth, and will be doing everything within their power to get you to accept a low-ball offer before an attorney gets involved. This is because they know that attorneys understand their tactics and have the legal knowledge and experience to beat them at their game.
Just by getting an experienced attorney involved in your case, you significantly increase the chances of a positive outcome. And with highly capable Florida accident and injury attorneys such as Michael Barber, you can rest assured that you will receive the best outcome possible. When you contact the Law Office of Michael D. Barber, we will:
- Investigate your claim: After listening to your story, we can inspect the scene of the accident, inspect your car and speak to witnesses to learn more about the accident. This helps us fully understand what happened and find the crucial facts that establish your story.
- Find evidence that backs up your claim: We have the skills and experience in searching for and obtaining critical evidence. We will undertake a comprehensive search for surveillance and traffic cameras, obtain police reports and secure the help of experts, such as accident reconstruction experts, who can help the court side with your story.
- Stand up to companies on your behalf: After building up an unassailable case on your behalf, we will go toe to toe with mammoth insurance companies on your behalf. We will send them a demand letter outlining your claim and, after discussing with you, propose a settlement amount that compensates you fairly for your injuries.
- Negotiate settlement on your behalf: In most cases, insurance companies will either try to reject your claim or offer a settlement lower than we are seeking. There’s no worry here, we plan for this. Our car accident attorney has experience negotiating with insurance companies in order to get you the most compensation possible.
Take your case to court: Where the insurance company fails to offer a satisfactory settlement, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf and show a jury why you deserve to collect every penny you’re entitled to.
Compensation available in Florida car accident cases
Upon successful proof of your case, the court will award compensation to you based on the loss you have suffered. This will include economic damages which typically cover medical bills, future medical treatment, loss of wages, out of pocket expenses and any other monetary loss you suffered.
In addition, the court may award non-economic damages which include compensation for the emotional distress and pain and suffering the accident caused you.
Maximize your claim by contacting an experienced attorney today
If you or a loved one were injured in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident , contact Attorney Michael Barber for help today. You deserve the opportunity to secure fair compensation and justice that you are entitled to. Call us at 407-890-8000 to schedule your free consultation.